Maximum Life (Volume VII) – Focusing On Your Health… Not Being Passive
So much of what happens in our life, really comes down to ‘Focus’.
I mean, all the Knowledge in the world doesn’t really do us a lot of good, if we don’t Apply it…
And I’m speaking from experience… Trust me, I do not apply all, or probably even half the things that I know which would actually benefit my life in some way.
What do I know?
Lets take a look…
- Eat Vegetables – Seems obvious enough, right? But do we all eat enough of them… I’d say, just from what I’ve been exposed to along away, that maybe 40% or so of our Diet should be Vegetables… Leafy Green ones are likely the best.
- Exercise – Another Obvious One, Right? From what I’ve learned along the way, you should probably Exercise maybe 4 or 5 times a week, for up around a half an hour if you can swing it… Or if health allows.
- Take Care Of Your Teeth – Obvious Again, Right? Brush them a few times a day (After Every Meal Really), Floss (This is Huge I’ve Heard), and yes, see a Dentist probably once a year at least.
- Eat Protein – Obvious… I’d say maybe 35-40% of your Diet should be Protein… Or perhaps, 30-40%. Too much Protein isn’t good though, I believe it’s hard on your Liver… But I’m not a Doc, just make sure you get enough.
- Watch Your Carb Intake – We all need Carbohydrates to survive… But there are some that are better than other… If you don’t watch this, it could not only cause you to gain weight, but it also promotes Diabetes… In my opinion, if you check out Diets Recommended for Diabetes Type II, you’ll actually find what you should be eating ‘Now’, in order to ‘Prevent’ Diabetes II… Or at least greatly decrease the chances of getting it. Beware of Simple Carbs like, Breads, Pastas, and Regular Potatoes.
- Don’t Eat A Lot Of Sugar – Sugar is probably the Major Contributor towards Weight Issues, and Diabetes… If you can help it, Don’t Drink Soda… Really, Really watch your Juice Intake… Juice is so concentrated, that if I have any, it’s usually an Inch or Less of it in a glass. Also watch your Fruit Intake… Some Fruit is ok, but as far as I can tell, it should probably only represent maybe 10 to 15% of your Diet… I’d lean towards 10%. Just because it has so much Sugar.
- Be Nice To One Another – Seems Obvious as well, right? The Domino Effect is Monumental… This kind of Mindset ‘Literally’ Changes, and or Can Change, the World… And when I say Change, I mean Improve. Not being Corny here, it’s a Truth.
- Laugh – I know, you’ve probably all heard this before… And, there’s a Reason for that. Why do you think I recently Recommended the “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic” Cartoon, Lol… Made me Laugh for 3 Days. Laughter Increases the Oxygen to our Cells for One, which literally Lengthens Life… And it also generates all kinds of Chemical Reactions, that Improve Our Overall Emotional, and Physical Health. Watch “Young Frankenstein”, it could Change Your Life, Lol
- Listen To Music You Like – Guaranteed (Other that some very rare individuals out there that might not enjoy Music), Listening to Music You Like will Improve Your Whole Life… If you’re just not listening to much music… Too Busy, Etc… Change that. It will likely both Improve, and Lengthen your life… No Joke.
- Get Good Sleep – My Grandma that lived into her 90’s once told me years ago, that the Secret To A Long Life was to ‘Walk 5 Miles A Day’, Don’t Eat Sugar, and Get 8 Hours Sleep a night… Bam Right? These things are huge… The Truth is, however, many people have a hard time sleeping that many hours… For all sorts of reasons… I myself probably average 5 hours a night sleep… But often I only sleep like 3 hours. But none the less, she’s right. I will say that if you Exercise Regularly in your life, it will likely increase both your ‘Ability’, and ‘Need’ for sleep. Those 3 things that my Grandma Suggested, would probably increase the length of your life by maybe 10 to 15 years maybe… Not bad, right?
The truth is, this list could go on and on… But let me make some Comments in regards to each of these items, personally.
Eating Vegetables – I maybe eat 25-30% Vegetables each day… And I’m a Vegetarian… So this is an area that I need to improve. And what would that take? Focus…
Exercise – I Really, Really, Really need to improve this… And it is 100% about Focus for me.
Take Care Of Your Teeth –I do not Floss, or go to the Dentist Really… In this case, it would take both ‘Focus’, and Money. Unless I have Coverage, which also takes money. But this is an ‘Essential’ thing.
Eat Protein –I’m 100% Fine in this Area… I Eat Enough Protein.
Watch Your Carb Intake – When I found out my Blood Sugar was High a 2 or 3 years back (Pre-Diabetic II), I completely changed my diet to 40% Protein, 40% Vegetables, some fruit, and some grain… But not much. And removed Soda, and Juice from my Diet. This basically got my Blood Sugar under control, and as a Side Effect, I Lost like 35-40 Pounds, which I didn’t really realize I was carrying. Sounds Great, right? Well, it was… However, I shortly after Became a Vegan, which caused me to lose like 5 or so more pounds, but I found it very hard to control my Carbs… And so a year later after becoming a Vegan, it’s kind of switched to Vegetarian (Basically I eat some Cheese, I still don’t drink Milk, or Eat Fish, or Eggs really). My Weight is still good, but I have no idea how my Blood Sugar is… I need to get tests to find that out… Cuz I will say, I’ve eaten more Bread and Chips than I was eating prior to become Vegan/Vegetarian… So we shall see.
Don’t Eat A Lot Of Sugar – I barely touch Soda, Candy or Juice.
Be Nice To One Another – I’ve always liked people, so this hasn’t ever really been an issue/problem for me.
Laugh – Also not an issue… I hang out with Hilarious People, an Love Watching Romantic Comedies, or Funny Shows.
Listen To Music You Like – I do Listen to Some Music I like, but should probably listen to more… I Highly Recommend Creating a Personal Pandora Station if you haven’t… It’s Free, and you can basically Create Custom Radio Stations for yourself.
Get Good Sleep – Like I mentioned above, I get maybe 5 Hours a Night on Average… I do believe that the main way that I could Improve this, is bey Getting More Exercise…
Well, That’s Enough For Now… The One Major Factor I Feel To Improve Any Of These Areas, Is To ‘Focus’
There Are Other Areas, And Things That I Would Recommend Being A Focus In Your Lives, But This List At Least Catches Some Important Ones… Being Creative, And/Or Pursuing Your Dreams Might Also Be Included… Perhaps I’ll Create Another List At Some Point…
Thanks For Listening/Reading